of India is a Voluntary Organization. Its aims
and objectives are:
- The prevention
- Treatment &
- Relief of tuberculosis.
The Indian Journal of Tuberculosis, published in India since 1953 onwards, is devoted to the speciality of tuberculosis and lung diseases. This Journal is the official organ of the Tuberculosis Association of India, a non-governmental organization
- It publishes scientific articles contributed by authors from all over the world, specially India.
- Subjects covered include clinical, epidemiological, public health and social aspects of tuberculosis.
- It also includes interesting case reports on patients suffering from pulmonary, extra-pulmonary tuberculosis as well as other respiratory diseases and abstracts of interesting articles published in other reputed journals. .
- The articles published are a key source of information on research in tuberculosis in Asia and in particular for the countries of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) region.
- It goes out to the libraries of medical colleges in India, SAARC and other South East Asian countries.
- The readership profile also includes members of the WHO, International Union against Tuberculosis and Lung Diseases (IUATLD, State and District Tuberculosis Officers in India, TB Hospitals, TB Institutions, TB Research institutions, etc.
The Journal is exchanged with many national and international journals such as:
- The Indian Journal of Medical Research
- The International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Diseases,
INDEXING AND ONLINE AVAILABILITY
- The journal is indexed with MEDLINE of National Library of Medicine, USA.
The best article published in the journal carries with it an annual award presented at the Annual National Conference.